Import contacts from CSV Files
To import contacts to FaxMind:
- Creating or editing CSV files
Use CSV files to import contacts. Spreadsheet programs like
Microsoft Excel, Open Office Cell and Google Spreadsheets make it
easy to create and edit CSV files.
Your CSV file should be formatted as a table and must include a
header, or first line, that defines the fields in your table.
FaxMind accepts many common header fields (name, email address,
etc.). Here is a valid file with two sample contacts:
Full Name, Fax, Email, Company, Department, Phone, Mobile, Job
Title, Address, Zip code, Website
DataWorks,,34412341234,,,"623 East 68th Street----NY,
If the value contains comma, it has to be surrounded by double
quotes, line breaks must be replaced with 4 minus signs,
Example: "623 East 68th Street----NY, USA"
Once you've entered all of your contacts into a table, save the
document and select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
as the type of file you'd like to save. If prompted to verify your
selection, click Yes or OK.
Click here to download a sample
- Importing the CSV files
- Navigate to Contact tab.
- Click Import... button in
Export/Import Tools group on toolbar to open the
Import Contact Wizard.
- Select Import users from CSV/VCF file option,
and click open button and locate the CSV files you want to import,
- Click Next to continue, set the delimiters you
data contains if needed.
- Click Next to start importing.
- Finally, the wizard will display a brief summary of, click
OK to close.
- All imported contacts will be stored in a new group called:
YYYY-MM-DD and can be renamed later.
- You can select to import CSV and vCards files at a same
- Duplicate or empty fax number will be skipped.
|Copyright © 2007-2013 Sunking Software